You create a customer invoice for Thailand. In the customer invoice, the product is a service and the tax type is VAT.
When posting this customer invoice, the system reports an error 'Account determination is missing for item type Deferred Output Tax. Specify account determination in chart of accounts AAAA and account determination profile BBBB. Column Path Tax->Output Tax->Deferred Output Tax, Item Type Deferred Output Tax.'. (AAAA represents the ID of chart of accounts; BBBB represents the ID of account determination profile)
You do not understand why it reports an error, and you cannot find a place to maintain deferred output tax.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to General Ledger work center.
- Go to Source Documents view.
- Find the customer invoice in question.
- You can see the error message 'Account determination is missing for item type Deferred Output Tax. Specify account determination in chart of accounts AAAA and account determination profile BBBB. Column Path Tax->Output Tax->Deferred Output Tax, Item Type Deferred Output Tax.'.
For the combination of tax type VAT and a service, for country Thailand, the deferred tax indicator will be set to true by default in the standard business configuration content delivered by SAP. The user/customer cannot change the default behavior.
Since we cannot change the default behavior of deferred taxes, please adopt the following steps to solve the issue.
- Go to Business Configuration work center.
- Go to Implementation Projects view.
- Select the project and click on Open Activity List.
- Search and open Charts of Accounts, Financial Reporting Structures, Account Determination activity.
- Click on Tax under Account Determination.
- Select Account Determination Profile BBBB and click on Assign Countries to Profile.
- Click on Add Row button.
- Create an entry for country Thailand.
- Click on OK.
- Navigate to Output Tax tab.
- Maintain account against the row with Account Determination Group for Taxable Event 9050 in the column 'Deferred Output Tax'.
- Click on Save button.
After maintenance, please try to post the customer invoice again.
Thailand, Customer Invoice, Account Determination, Deferred Output Tax, Service , KBA , AP-TTE-GLO , Cross-Country Extensions , Problem