- Inactive employee's data is still within data retention.
- Running the DRTM Employee Profile Purge deletes the data even if it's within the retention period.
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Employee Profile
Reproducing the Issue
CONFIRM RETENTION PERIOD FOR THE TARGET OBJECT
- In Admin Center, go to Manage Data.
- Select DRTM Employee Profile then the object, e.g. BACKGROUND.
- Confirm Country, Time Unit, and Period.
RUN THE DRTM EMPLOYEE PROFILE PURGE
- In Admin Center, go to DRTM Employee Profile Purge.
- Click Create New Purge Request button.
- Select Type: DRTM Employee Profile Purge.
- Define criteria and object to purge.
- Set approver.
- Click Save.
- Click Data Retention Management. This will bring you to the list of the purge requests.
- Look for the DRTM Employee Profile Purge then click Launch Immediately.
REVIEW PURGE REQUEST STATUS
- In Admin Center, go to Purge Request Monitor.
- Under Requests Pending Approval, look for DRTM Employee Profile Purge.
- Click Download Preview Report and review the status of the purge request.
- Open the .zip file. This will contain separate files for each objects.
- Review the file.
- Notice under the Exclude Reason column: The user is still in data retention period.
- Notice under the Process Status column: Excluded.
CONFIRM COMPLETE PURGE REQUEST
- In the same window under Purge Request Monitor, click Approved Requests.
- Confirm Status is Completed.
- Click View result under Actions.
- Download Complete Report file.
- Review the status of the purge request.
CONFIRM OBJECT DATA HAS BEEN DELETED
- Go to the target employee's profile.
- Despite the Retention Period, object data is still deleted.
This will be fixed in the second half release, b2011. For the schedule of release for 2020, please see KBA 2521176 - SuccessFactors Releases | Deployment schedule for 2020.
DRTM, DRTM Employee Profile, DRTM Employee Profile Purge , KBA , LOD-SF-EP-AUD , Audit Trail , Problem