You execute the Reconciliation Report from General Ledger work center and observed the error "Balances Differ for Country, Tax Type, Event and Rate".
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the General Ledger Work center.
- Go to the Periodic Tasks view.
- Go to the Reconciliation subview.
- Show All Reconciliation runs and find run AAA (AAA here represents reconciliation run ID).
- Open the application log of the reconciliation run.
- Go to the Tax tab and here to the VAT/Sales Tax Balances sub-tab.
An Absolute Difference appears for the Balance in Register, Balance in Ledger values.
The Balance in Register value gets cleared when the respective return is released, whereas the Balance in Ledger value gets cleared when a tax return is paid.
You have to pay against the respective VAT Return and the Balance in Tax Ledger will be cleared. Please note that the Balance in Tax Ledger will be cleared as of the Posting Date of the Tax Payment.
To compare the Tax balances in the tax register against the balances of the Tax Accounts for a Key date you can use the VAT / Sales Tax Reconciliation report.
[Enter your See Also here...]
balance in tax ledger, balance in tax register, reconciliation report Tax, Balances Differ for Country, Tax Type, Event and Rate , KBA , balance in tax ledger , balance in tax register , reconciliation report tax error , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , Problem