You are maintaining the time frame for the invoice schedule of the contract with fixed amount, but the system is not showing/rounding to the expected value.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
In this example, we will use a contract with a net value of USD 1800,00 with an invoicing schedule of 30 recurrences.
- Go to the Sales Orders work center.
- Select the Contracts view.
- Search for ID ABC (ABC represents the ID of the Contract document).
- Click Edit.
- Navigate to the Pricing and Invoicing tab.
- Select Invoice Schedule subtab.
In this example, you would expect that each recurrence would be of USD 60,00, however, the system is showing USD 59,94.
The system is displaying this value, because of the rounding calculation and the number of decimals places selected in the business configuration.
In the business configuration, you have selected 2 decimals places for Percent (%), hence, the system will do the following calculation:
1800/30 (net value divided by days).
Hence, 100/30 (100 percent of the value divided by 30 days).
System detects the two decimals places.
3,33*1800 (invidual day percentage times net value).
5994/100 (amount divided by the percent).
= USD 59,94.
This is the system expected behavior.
To increase the number of decimals places, please perform the following:
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Select the Overview view.
- Search for the activity Quantities and Units of Measure.
- Select Physical Unit of Measure.
- Select Unit: P1 | Description: Percent
Increase the value to 3 or above.
Please note that the changes performed in this activity will reflect in all documents.
Wrong, Value, Invoice Schedule, Fixed Price, Contract, Percent, Quantities, Unit of Measure , KBA , AP-CI-CIR , Customer Invoice Request , How To