A user with BI Content Creator or similar role can edit the properties and add members to a private dimension of a model even though they only have Read access rights on the model.
- SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise) 2020.14
Reproducing the Issue
- Admin user creates a model and shares it with User B (View rights only).
- User B is power user(modeler) with a role similar to “BI Content Creator”
- User B is able to edit and modify the private dimensions of the model, including adding new dimension members
- Currently the private dimension privileges are not inherited from the model
- Instead, when you go to Security > Roles you will find the private Dimensions of all models
- If user B has the role "BI Content Creator" then they have the privileges to update/maintain all private dimensions of all models
In a future release we will change the behaviour so that private dimensions inherit the share rights of the model
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- 2851317 - Where can I find more information on SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) for Planning features and documentation?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Sac, Acquisition, Model, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working , KBA , LOD-ANA-PL , Planning , Problem