The following behavior occurs in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC):
- First and Last data labels are not visible on line charts even "First / Last / High / Low labels" option is selected.
- SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise) 2020.18.2
Reproducing the Issue
- Log in to SAC.
- Open a Story which has a line chart with multiple lines.
- Go to the chart styling and enable "First / Last / High / Low labels" is checked.
- Notice that not all first and last values are visible.
- Data labels on line charts for the first and last points are being hidden because they are overflowing out of the plot area of the chart.
- This is done to avoid labels being partially displayed or cut off.
There are styling and filtering options can create more space along the plot area edge that may help to get the labels to show:
- Decreasing the data label font size
- Reducing the number of decimal places
- Increasing the scale for the measure
- Increasing the chart area by resizing the tile in the story page
- Filtering down the categories shown on the X-axis
- Reducing the number of lines series (Colors)
A combination of these could be used to get more of the first and last labels to show.
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or warning/error messages to the text search field to filter results.
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Data Connections
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC, sap analyst cloud, connected, failure, stopped , KBA , LOD-ANA-DES , Story Design & Visualizations , How To