The following behavior occurs in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC):
- When the users are blocked from the Explorer role, they can still access explorer mode.
SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise)
Reproducing the Issue
- Create the roles for your users.
- Give users access to a story
- See that the users can access explorer mode
- Go back to roles
- Disable Explorer Role in User Settings
- Save changes made to Users
- Go back to Story
- See that users can still access explorer mode.
This is a behavior by design.
- The privilege controls the ability for the user to upload their own content for exploration during story creation or potentially story editing.
- When a user does not have this privilege, they should not be able to "explore their own data" by acquiring data directly into the story, thereby creating a private model.
- As a viewer, it is still possible to access the data and explore it.
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or warning/error messages to the text search field to filter results.
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Data Connections
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC, sap analyst cloud, connected, failure, stopped , KBA , LOD-ANA-DES , Story Design & Visualizations , Problem