- Onboarding remote hire candidate I-9 section 2 did not capture the information which was provided by HR Admin or Hiring Manager.
- I-9 Section 2 is blank even though List B and List C document information was submitted by HR Admin or Hiring Manager.
- Why I-9 section 2 is blank?
SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding 1.0
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to Onboarding
- Complete the process for candidate
- Select Yes for Remote Hire
- US I9 Section 2 is blank
When a candidate is a Remote hire, I-9 Section 2 PDF will not generate any information because the candidate cannot physically meet with the hiring manager to complete the Orientation step. The system skips the step, which results in a blank section 2
- When completing Form I-9, the employer or authorized representative must physically examine, with the employee being physically present, each document presented to determine if it reasonably appears to be genuine and relates to the employee presenting it. Reviewing or examining documents via webcam is not permissible.
- Remote Hire for ONB means that a candidate cannot physically meet with the manager. In this case, we skip the Orientation step. The electronic US I9 form generated during the Onboarding process will have blank section 2.
- After completing NES, the candidate will get the notification "Remote Employee 3-Step I-9 Notarized" and follow instructions in the email.
- Employers may use anyone, such as a notary, to act on their behalf. Notaries do not need to stamp or notarize any fields on Form I-9 because they are not acting as a notary but rather as an authorized representative of the employer. Remote hires have never been required to notarize their Form I-9. Employers can authorize any person to complete Section 2 on their behalf. The authorized representative would be required to ensure the employee completed Section 1 correctly, physically examine the employee's documents, and complete, sign and date Section 2.
- After that, the candidate must mail or fax the signed physical US I9 form within 3 days of their start date. The corporate representative should upload the signed version of the US I9 form in Onboarding.
Onboarding, US I9, Section 2, blank , KBA , LOD-SF-OBD-I9 , I9 Issues and requests for Onboarding , How To