You are trying to change the existing termination date of an employee to a later date, but system rejects the save with the following error message:
"Termination failed. Cannot delimit time file validity; employee times exist; cancel times."
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Personnel Administration work center
- Select Employees view
- Select the relevant employee
- Choose Edit
- Go to Employment Tab and Work Agreement subtab
- Change termination Date to a date later than the exiting date
- Select OK
- Error: "Cannot delimit time file validity; employee times exist; cancel times"
A time account with a validity earlier than the projected new termination date is assigned to the employee. The system expects a termination date on or before this date. The system does not consider a last working day beyond this date.
- If you provide a new termination date on or before the validity date of the time account, you will be able to change the termination date. (If not, please check the KBA mentioned in the below See Also section. Similar causes might be involved)
- To extend the termination to a later date, remove time account in time administration work center from the time file of the employee and save the change. Afterwards, change the termination date to the projected, later date in personnel administration work center. Once the termination date is saved successfully, the time account can again be added to the time file of the employee.
See also KBA: 1934540
expand change adapt further after switch , KBA , SRD-HR-PAD , Personnel Administration , Problem