You notice that the reported Quantity for a Product XXX (XXX represents the Product ID) in the Planning Area YYY (YYY represents the Planning Area ID) in the Stock Overview and in the Product Planning Details screens do not match. Now you would like to know how to schedule a Data Flow Verification run to synchronize the Quantity between the 2 views.
Data Flow Verification (DFV) compares pairs of business documents that are related to each other in a Data Flow Verification run. Data Flow Verification is available for a defined set of business document pairs covering the different applications in SAP Business ByDesign. The business documents contain the same data, if the system is running correctly and all data has been maintained correctly in the business documents. If the data is not correct, data flow verification finds differences in the data when comparing the business documents and collects the differences in the data flow verification result and the associated Application Log.
SAP Business ByDesign
If you notice a difference in the reported Available Quantity in the Product Planning Details view and the On-Hand Quantity in the Stock Overview, you can create Data Flow Verification Run to address the issue. In order to correct the Inventory, you have to schedule a Data Flow Verification Run and this Run will update the inventory difference:
- Go to the Application and User Management work center.
- Select Data Flow Verification Runs view.
- Choose the Button 'New' and system opens a New Screen.
- Enter the RUN ID and Description.
- Choose next here and enter Planning View of Inventory as Business Document One.
- Enter Inventory as Business Document Two.
- Choose Next button.
- Select product ID as Equal to and enter the relevant Product ID.
- Similarly enter planning area ID as Equal to and enter the relevant Planning Area ID.
- Choose next button, and select Automatically correct differences (recommended) checkbox and next
- Choose next button and again next Review. Schedule the time to execute the job and then click confirm.
2794944 - Difference Between Stock Overview and Product Planning
Data Flow Verification runs, synchronize between stock overview and Planning screen, How to schedule DFV runs in ByDesign , KBA , data flow verification , stock overview and planning screen , AP-DFV-RUN , Data Flow Verification Run , AP-SDM-MSD , Material Supply and Demand View , Problem