When trying to create sales orders from a file using the "Import Sales Orders" app, the system displays an error message: "Your file contains missing, invalid, or duplicate data".
In the Preview (Item Data / Order Data) page, more detailed messages are displayed.
For example, for the "Requested Quantity" field: "Invalid Length".
Or another example, for the "Product" or the "Sold-to Party" field: "Required field".
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP S/4HANA CLOUD
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the "Import Sales Orders" app.
- Click "Browse" and select the file to be imported and then click "Import".
- Error message is displayed: "Your file contains missing, invalid, or duplicate data".
- The format of all the cells in the uploaded excel, whose template can be downloaded from the "Import Sales Orders" app, should be "Text" (especially for these types of fields: quantity, amount, date, time, date/time).
- There should not be multiple kinds of formats for contents in one cell, otherwise the field value will be seen as empty.
In the above examples, contents in the "Requested Quantity", "Product" or the "Sold-to Party" fields are all incorrectly formatted, as per the images below:
- Please change the format of the number in the "Requested Quantity" field to "Text". Then, input this number again. Besides inputting the number again, you can also double click it after changing the format to "Text". In both ways, a green triangle will show at the left top side of the format cell.
- For the field "Product" and "Sold-to Party", the format of contents needs to be unified, instead of a mix of bold type and un-bold type.
Requested Quantity, Quantity, Amount, Date, Time, Date/Time, Invalid Length, Sales Order, Import Sales Orders, Template, Text, General, Excel, Cell, Format, Missing, Invalid, Duplicate data, Required Field , KBA , SD-SLS-IMP-SPR , Sales Document Import from Spreadsheet , Problem