- During the upgrade of ASE for Business Suite your system reaches the following errors:
- ERROR => 'Database live update' failed: Failed to remove \sybase\<SID>\OCS-16_0
- ERROR => 'Database live update' failed: Failed to rename \sybase\<SID>\OCS-16_0
- Also there is the error below in the log sybinstxxx.out:
- Installer can not do update. '\sybase\<SID>' already has SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 16.0 SPxx PLxx or newer. Rerun the installer with "DO_UPDATE_INSTALL=false"
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7 and 16.0 for Business Suite
- SAP NetWeaver (NW) - All versions
Failed to rename \sybase\<SID>\ , Failed to remove \sybase\<SID> , Database live update' failed, SAP HOST AGENT SP 48, saphostctrl, UPDATE_FORCE=1 ASE upgrade, UPDATE_FORCE=1, DO_UPDATE_INSTALL=false , KBA , BC-DB-SYB , Business Suite on Adaptive Server Enterprise , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.