- A legacy application system uses a custom stored procedure for login creation.
- When it creates a new login in the primary ASE, the new login is not replicating to the companion ASE.
- The DSI thread for the master database in the companion ASE is shut down with the following error in the SRS log:
ERROR #1028 DSI EXEC(103(1) ASE_HAC.master) - neric/dsi/dsiqmint.c(5197)
Message from server: Message: 571, State 2, Severity 16 -- 'Invalid user specified, password left unchanged.'.
THREAD FATAL ERROR #5049 DSI EXEC(103(1) ASE_HAC.master) - neric/dsi/dsiqmint.c(5210)
The DSI thread for database 'ASE_HAC.master' is being shutdown. DSI received data server error #571 which is mapped to STOP_REPLICATION. See logged data server errors for more information. The data server error was caused by output command #0 mapped from input command #0 of the failed transaction.
This is the failing transaction in the outbound queue:
select set_enc_password(0xc007e80385750bc3cd822a0bf5369f0dce74d9d733bcd0433f6e196c747682b47467f5d55668d081209a, 'newlogin')
I. 2020/10/14 08:26:55. execute rs_update_lastcommit @origin = 104, @origin_qid = 0x00000000057732f60000fe2500080000fe2500000000ac54007e93a10000000000000001, @secondary_qid = 0x000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000, @origin_time = '20201014 07:40:51:096', @conn_id = 0
if @@error <> 0 rollback transaction
- If the new login is added using sp_addlogin, it is successfully replicated to the companion ASE. However, this legacy application system cannot be changed to use the sp_addlogin system procedure.
- Is there any way to trigger replication of the custom stored procedure that creates new logins in the master database?
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
- SAP Replication Server (SRS) 16.0
- High Availability Disaster Recovery (HADR)
syslogins, sp_password, "database replication definition", DDL, DML, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, "SELECT INTO" , KBA , BC-SYB-REP , Sybase Replication Server (standalone) , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.