When trying to map Job Codes to Roles, the following error pops-up:
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Profile
Reproducing the Issue
For manually mapping:
- Go to "Manage Job Profile Content";
- Select "Set Up Families and Roles";
- Click on "Roles";
- Select the Role to which you want to map the Job Code;
- Click on the "Add Job Code" button;
- Search for the required Job Code;
- Set the "Usage";
- Hit "Save" and "Save Role";
- Then, see the error: ???SYSTEM_ERROR_WHILE_SYNCING??? display.
For mapping via import:
- Prepare the Role-Job Code file;
- Go to "Manage Job Profile Content Import/Export";
- Set "Role-Job Code" as "Type";
- Choose the import file;
- Hit the "Validate" or "Import" button;
- Go to "Monitor Job";
- Download the status and see the "???SYSTEM_ERROR_WHILE_SYNCING???" error.
Job Code field has a maximum length of 128 bytes, which may be fewer than 128 characters for certain character sets, such as Cyrillic.
Its title concatenates the label + ID.
When exceeding the 128 byte limit, your import may show "Completed" status in Monitor Job page but error messages similar to SYSTEM_ERROR_WHILE_SYNCING might appear in your .csv import file.
Please note that the error message may also appear in the Validation result.
Kindly refer to the Product Guide for more details.
As the Job Code name takes into consideration the title and the code, kindly edit Job Code's name so that it amount to 128 bytes, including the code and the parenthesis "()".
Job Code, Role, Mapping, Error, Sync, Issue, Problem, Validate, Import, Manual, Add, Map, Associate, Manage Job Profile Content, Manage Job Profile Content Import/Export, JPB, Job Profile Builder, Label, ID, Max Length, Maximum, 128, Bytes, Name, Code, Title, ???SYSTEM_ERROR_WHILE_SYNCING???, SYSTEM_ERROR_WHILE_SYNCING , KBA , LOD-SF-CJ-JPB , Job Profile Builder , Problem