While accepting purchase order acknowledgment you may see below error
"There's no template code in the predefined output determination rule
Form template is mandatory"
When ordering or previewing a Purchase Order or previewing interactive changed purchase orders or while creation Purchase order through migration template you will see below error
You receive error: There's no template code in the predefined output determination rule.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Purchase orders work center
- Go to purchase orders
- Select the desired purchase order
- Click on deviation in acknowledgment
- Select the latest deviation and click on change PO acknowledgment
- Change status of the item to Accepted
- Click on Accept deviation or save
- You will get above error in new screen
- Go to the Purchase Requests and Orders work center
- Go to the Purchase Orders view
- Search for the affected Purchase Order
- Edit it and click on Check
The error is displayed after clicking on Preview or while ordering
or after migrating the purchasing orders.
There is no determination rule maintained for changed purchase orders or interactive changed purchase orders or Created purchase order or canceling purchase order
i.e While accepting deviations in acknowledgments system tries to create change purchase order output form ,since you have not maintained default rule for change output form thus you get the error.
Steps to maintain Form template selection rule to avoid this error in future.
- Go to application user management work center
- Go to Form template selection
- Search for Created purchase order.
- Then enter a rule for desired combination of company ,supplier , purchasing unit, interactive process with required form template code or Enter fall back rule at the end with company ,supplier , purchasing unit, interactive process as * with required form template code.
also we recommend you to maintain default rule for all other form templates like changed purchase order, canceled purchase order etc.
Once you follow above steps , create new Purchase order and check.
There's no template code in the predefined output determination rule, Unable to accept deviation in acknowledgment , KBA , SRD-SRM-PRO , Purchase Requests and Orders , Problem