Customer has a multiplex system which was built in IQ SP03 PL04 with collation 1254TRK. They failed to upgrade to SP04 PL06(04) while running "ALTER DATABASE UPGRADE". Due to the failure, it seemed to cause inconsistency problem in tran-log and server failed to start after that.
(dba)> alter database upgrade
Database upgrade started
Error in file iqmonviews.sql at line 153 with sqlcode -265
Could not execute statement.
Procedure 'SP_IQMONSYSTEMOVERVIEW' not found
SQLCODE=-265, ODBC 3 State="42S02"
Additional information from more upgrade test ;
- After the upgrade error message, I got the SQL script of SP_IQMONSYSTEMOVERVIEW procedure from an IQ SP04 database
and created that procedure on the SP03 version (with the names both upper and lower case, like SP_IQMONSYSTEMOVERVIEW
- After executed 'alter database upgrade' again. Then it gave another error that procedure "sp_iqmonviews" not found.
- I did the same, got the SQL script of "sp_iqmonviews" from IQ SP04 and created it on SP03 (with uppercase and lowercase names)
and executed alter database upgrade again. And another missing procedure...
- For short, created all procedures like '%IQMON%'.
- Finally it gave another error "SQL Anywhere Error -143: Column 'case_sensitivity' not found".
- We searched for that column in IQ and found that SYS.SYSINFO has that column.
However, since we cannot alter SYSINFO table, we are stuck there.
- Regarding to the Column 'case_sensitivity', to solve the problem maybe we can give a clue for the development team:
For example, 'I' and 'i' are different letters in Turkish. So a column like "case_sensivity" is different than "CASE_SENSITIVITY"
(even in a case-ignore 1254TRK database). That is why some columns/tables/views cannot be found in 1254TRK.
upper(sensivity) = SENS?V?TY
lower(SENSIVITY) = sensıvıty
There may be issues in this upgrade failure problem.
- First, SP03 DB with 1254TRK will encounters procedures '%iqmon%' not found error when upgrades to SP04.x
- Second, even created those '%iqmon%' procedures, eventually meets Column 'case_sensitivity' not found error, due to 1254TRK.
1254TRK , SP_IQMONSYSTEMOVERVIEW, case_sensitivity , , KBA , BC-SYB-IQ , Sybase IQ , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.