Generic Object type fields in all Succession with Employee Central Reports produces numeric values instead of labels (Internal IDs instead of Labels).
- SuccessFactors Succession Management
- SuccessFactors Employee Central
Reproducing the Issue
Running the Report
- Go to Reporting
- Create/run any Succession Report domain with Employee Central
- Field displays numeric value similar to the internal ID's assigned when you export the data via Import and Export Data tool > Position.
Verify if the field type is Generic Object
- Go to Admin Center > Configure Object Definition
- Object Definition > Position
- Look for the field, check Data type column = Generic Object
May cause huge performance degredation to all schemas if enhancement to convert these Generic object internal IDs to Labels
Devs confirmed it is by design that fields from the position object, with 'generic object' data type are fetching numerical values instead of labels / descriptions in the Ad Hoc reports
It is not yet feasible to insert a code in the system to convert these internal IDs to reports as it will hugely impact or cause performance degredation when running the report.
Alternatively, if the options/values in this field are few, report users may export and use search and replace these internal IDs in Excel/Spreadsheet with the corresponding labels for offline reference.
Internal ID: ECT-83833
ECT-83833, shows internal ID, generic object, position object, employee central, succession, reports, adhoc, canvas, instead of labels , KBA , LOD-SF-SCM-EC , EC integrations and data , LOD-SF-ANA , Analytics & Reporting (Ad Hoc, YouCalc, ORD) , LOD-SF-EC-REP , Reporting Data (EC core only) , Problem