- You are securing the connection from AS Java to HANA Database, following steps documented in KBA 2581143 How to connect the AS Java to the database using SSL
- The JDBC connection string has been updated in the Java Config Tool with the URL jdbc:sap://<host>:<port>?databaseName=<SID>/&encrypt=true
- When restarting the AS Java to test the connection, the error below occurs:
com.sap.sql.log.OpenSQLException: Exception of type com.sap.db.jdbc.exceptions.JDBCDriverException caught: SAP DBTech JDBC: Cannot connect to jdbc:sap://<host>:<port>/ [Cannot connect to host <host>:<port> [Received fatal alert: protocol_version], -813.]..
- If you collect the client trace as per note 1727859 How to trace the HANA jdbc driver on a client?, you will see the full stack trace (also can be viewed in the defaultTrace file on AS Java)
- SAP HANA, platform edition;
SAP HANA, platform edition, sap_hana, database, db, saphana, new RTEException: -813 , KBA , HAN-DB-SEC , SAP HANA Security & User Management , HAN-DB-CLI , SAP HANA Clients (JDBC, ODBC) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.