When you click "Create Tasks" in App "Run Outbound Process" for the system to automatically define the source storage bin and create the picking WTs you face the following error messages:
System could not determine source storage bin
Message no. /SCWM/L3008
No warehouse task created
S/4HANA Cloud WM
Reproducing the Issue
Open App "Run Outbound Process - Deliveries"
Find and open the Outbound Delivery
Click "Missing Tasks"
Select item you want to create the task and click "Create Tasks"
Error is thrown
- This error message can be thrown in the following scenarios:
- No "Stock Removal Control Indicator" defined for the product, so the system is unable to determine the source storage bin automatically
- No stock available to be picked in the Storage Type you defined for picking with the "Stock Removal Control Indicator"
Maintain "Stock Removal Control Indicator" for the product. You have two alternatives for maintaining it:
- With "Manage Product Master Data" app under "Warehouse" tab
- With "Warehouse Monitor" app under "Product Master Data > Warehouse Attribute" node
For detailed steps on how to maintain it, check mater data script 3KQ - Create Warehouse Attributes for Material/Product Master.
Create a WT moving stock to the Storage Type for picking or receive the quantity with an Inbound Delivery or Stock Transfer Order
picking, picking wt, cloud wm, cloud ewm, s4hc, s4hc wm, s/4hana cloud wm, , KBA , SCM-EWM-WOP , Warehouse Order Processing , SCM-EWM-CNT , S/4HANA Best Practices for EWM , How To