No separate Field for House No. in the Purchase Order IDOC. So, if address has more than 35 characters in the Idoc, system cuts off all other characters.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Purchase Requests and Orders work center.
- Go to the Purchase Orders view.
- Search and open the Purchase Order ABC (ABC represents the ID of the Purchase Order).
- Click on the View All button.
- Go to the Items tab.
- Go to the Delivery sub-tab.
- See that the House No./Street display on separate fields.
- Go to the Application and User Management work center.
- Go to the Business Communication Monitoring view.
- Click on the Advanced filter.
- Filter by All Business Messages and Document ID ABC.
- Click on Go.
- Select the Purchase Order ABC.
- Click on the Arrow > Show Payload > IDOC.
Here the IDOC displays Street and House no. is in one Field (STRAS) and if the character limit is reached, then the system cuts off remaining characters.
Currently we only concatenate House ID and street Name and put it in the STRAS field.
It is not guaranteed that IDOC maps all address fields available in the BYD XML payload to the IDOC payload.
For the address, the IDOC payload has only 2 fields capable of holding street address STRAS and STRS2 both of which are 35 char long. Whereas in ByD we have House ID, Street Name, Address line 1, address line 2 address line 3 and so on. So, it is not possible to get all the address info available in BYD into the IDOC fields.
IDOC, Purchase Order, House number, Address, STRAS , KBA , SRD-SRM-PRO , Purchase Requests and Orders , How To