You have created a report using the 'Campaign and Campaign Responses [CODCAMPJ]' standard data source and you could observe it brings 'E-mail' and 'Direct E-mail' as results. Then you are wondering about 'Execution Type [CAMPAIGN_TYPE]' results.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Analytics work center.
- Go to Design Data Sources work center view.
- Search for the 'Campaign and Campaign Responses [CODCAMPJ]' data source.
- Preview it.
- Click on View > Add Fields to Row > Add Execution Type.
- You can see it brings 'E-Mail' and 'Direct E-Mail' as results.
When assigning an action to trigger it on the User Interface, an execution node instance is created in the background. To distinguish the different actions the 'Execution Type' field is used. If 'Export List and Channel E-mail' is selected, 'E-mail' result will be assigned to the 'Execution Type' field. If 'Send E-Mail' is selected, 'Direct E-Mail' will be assigned to to the field 'Execution Type'.
Therefore, the 'Execution Type' field is used to distinguish the different actions taken and it can be used to differentiate how the contacts have been contacted. These are possible values for 'Execution Type' and their respective action:
- 'E-mail' for action 'Export List and Channel E-mail'.
- 'FAX' for 'Export List with Channel Fax' action.
- 'Letter' for 'Export List with Channel Letter' action.
- 'Phone Call' for 'Export List with Channel Phone' action.
- 'Direct E-mail' for 'Send E-mail' action.
- 'Direct SMS' for 'Send SMS' action.
execution type, execution campaign, campaign execution, type execution, direct e-mail, e-mail type, email campaign , KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , LOD-CRM-MKT-CAM , Campaigns , How To