Is it possible to use Continuous Feedback without enabling the Continuous Performance features (Activities, Achievements, Discussion Topics)?
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Continuous Performance Management
Legacy version of Continuous Performance Management if already in production before the 2H 2020 release
- Yes – it is possible to enable Continuous Feedback only, without the need to enable Activities/Achievements/Discussion Topics.
- This can be achieved by only granting the role-based permissions "Access to Continuous Performance Management" and the additional "Continuous Feedback" permissions, and not granting the role-based permissions for Activities, Achievements, and Discussion Topics.
- With the above role-based permissions configured, only the Feedback tab will be available when accessing Continuous Performance from the module picker.
Latest version of Continuous Performance Management in production as of the 1H 2021 release (Caution: Once you’ve upgraded to the latest version. You cannot go back to the previous version)
- Yes, if customers upgrade to the latest version of Continuous Performance Management and only wish to enable Continuous Feedback, this is still possible.
How to enable Continuous Feedback:
- If customers only wish to use Continuous Feedback, then grant the "Access to Continuous Feedback" role-based permission and the other relevant Feedback-related permissions.
- If there is no requirement to access any of the Continuous Performance features (Activities, Achievements, Discussion Topics, Meeting View, etc.) then the "Access to Continuous Performance Management" permission should not be granted to the permission roles.
- If the "Access to Continuous Performance Management" permission is granted, then the "Continuous Performance" module picker will be available to users, even if they do not have specific permissions for Activities, Achievements, etc.
When only the "Access to Continuous Feedback" permission is granted, then only the "Continuous Feedback" module picker will display:
cpm, continuous, performance, management, feedback, new, latest, version, release, upgrade, update, enable, disable, access, permission, role-based, role, rbp, separate, linked, configuration, panel, control, uxr, 2H 2020, b2011, change, different, activity, activities, achievement, discussion, other, topics, meeting, view, notes, 2105, 1H 2021, release, restrict, grant, module, picker, option, hide, view, visible , KBA , LOD-SF-CPM , Continuous Performance Management , LOD-SF-CPM-FBK , Achievement Feedback, Get Feedback , How To