- You are using near-Zero Downtime Maintenance (nZDM) on a Process Orchestration (PO) or Process Integration (PI) system running on HANA Database
- When the nZDM is running, you observe that message processing time increases and PO slows down
- In some cases there can be errors during message processing, visible in the Message Monitor, similar to
Transmitting the message to endpoint <local> using connection <Adapter connection type> failed, due to: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: Failed to log msg <message_ID>(OUTBOUND).
Reason: com.sap.sql.exception.OpenSQLException: SAP DBTech JDBC: : feature not supported: trigger execution with transition variable is not supported with piecewise lob writing OpenSQLExceptionCategories: [NON_TRANSIENT, DB_ADMINISTRATOR_REQUIRED]
- PO application defaultTrace has entries similar to:
SQL error occurred on connection <host> code=7, state="HY000", message="SAP DBTech JDBC: : feature not supported: trigger execution with transition variable is not supported with piecewise lob writing";
SQL statement is "INSERT INTO "BC_MSG_LOG"...
...com.sap.db.jdbc.exceptions.JDBCDriverException: SAP DBTech JDBC: : feature not supported: trigger execution with transition variable is not supported with piecewise lob writing
- In the HANA trace files, you may find errors like:
tu_trigger TriggerExecutor.cpp(01256) : Failed to execute trigger 'SAPPO:TRG_NZDX_BC_MSG_LOG_I (triggered by index on table SAPPO:BC_MSG_LOG)
- SAP HANA, platform edition;
- NetWeaver 7.5
SAP HANA, platform edition all versions ; SAP NetWeaver 7.5
SAP HANA, platform edition, sap_hana, database, db, saphana, PIMON, java , KBA , HAN-DB-CLI , SAP HANA Clients (JDBC, ODBC) , BC-XI-CON-MSG , Messaging System , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.