Account Owner field in Payment Information shows value 'null null' in Onboarding 2.0.
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding
Reproducing the Issue
- Access Onboarding for a new hire in Personal Data Collection step.
- Proceed to Compensation Information section.
- In Payment Information, select a Pay Type.
- Account Owner field populates with value 'null null'.
- Account Owner value set by standard EC rule.
- The standard EC rule 'setBankData_PaymentInfoDetails' can be used in EC to set the value of the Account Owner field. This rule populates the Account Owner field with values from the Worker object, which is set after the Compensation portlet is saved. During Onboarding, the Worker object value is not set, meaning the Account Owner field is populated with the value 'null null'.
- For more information regarding this rule, see Setting Up the Required Business Rules from Employee Central Payment Information guide.
1. In order to have the 'Account Owner' field populated with the correct value in EC, but not populate with a 'null null' value in Onboarding, a new business rule must be created, per the below image:
2. After creating the business rule, this rule must be assigned to the Payment Method field, in place of the existing setBankData_PaymentInfoDetails rule (if a different field is used to set the Account Owner value, it should be assigned to that field in place of the existing rule).
a. Go to Admin Center. In the Tool search field, enter Configure Object Definitions.
b. Under Search, select Object Definition. Enter Payment Information Detail in the second dropdown menu.
c. Click Take Action and select Details Make Correction.
d. In the list of Fields, click Details beside the paymentMethod field.
e. Under Rules, assign the newly created rule and click Done.
3. The Account Owner field will now remain blank after Pay Type is selected in hew hire data, and will not populate with 'null null'.
4. Note: This rule will only set the Account Owner value as expected for existing users. For new hires, the Account Owner field cannot be populated by business rule.
Enhancement request 276451 has been submitted to fix this Rule in further update.
onboarding 2.0, onb 2.0, personal data collection, pdc, payment information, paymentMethod, pay type, account owner, null null, setBankData_PaymentInfoDetails , KBA , LOD-SF-OBX-DC , Personal Data Collection , Problem