You want to Create a New Service ticket as follow-up item/Add Related Item from an Email Activity, however New ticket option is missing
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Activities Work Center
- Go to Emails work center view
- Open any incoming email which is created from the Service Channel
- Navigate to Related Items tab
- Select "New" button under Follow-Up items or Select "Add" button under Related Items to create a new ticket
- New Service Ticket option is missing
This creation of the ticket from the emails which are created via Service Channel are intentionally hidden to avoid technical inconsistency in the system.
If you want to create a follow up ticket or add to the existing ticket from the email, then follow the below steps:
- Open the Associated Ticket from the email
- Navigate to Interactions or Timeline tab
- Select the e-mail which you want use
- Click on the 3 dots
- You will have option to either "Copy To New Ticket" or "Copy To Existing Ticket"
If the email is not converted to a ticket, then you can find the same email under Service-> Unassociated e-mail. Follow the below steps to create a ticket
- Go to Service Work Center
- Go to Unassociated E-mails view
- Open the e-mail which you want use
- Select Action Button
- You will have option to either "Convert to New Ticket" or "Assign to Existing Ticket"
P.S. "Action" button will be visible in the email activity only if it is not associated to any ticket
new ticket, follow up, add ticket, related item, email, activity, action, missing, service ticket , KBA , LOD-CRM-SRP , Service Request Processing , LOD-CRM-ACT , Activities , Problem