- Unable to edit story if user's Data Access Language differs from Source Language in Story in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC)
- When selecting the story in folder, the Edit icon is unavailable with hint message that "Edit is only supported in the source language. The file's source language is English (United States)"
- SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise)
Reproducing the Issue
- Log on to SAC tenant.
- Create a new story when user's Data Access Language is setting as English (United States).
- Change user's Data Access Language to another one and then open the story.
=> Edit button is available so the user can edit the story in the different Data Access Language.
- Change user's Data Access Language back to English (United States) and then open the story in Edit mode.
- Click File > Edit Story > Story Details and then check option Enable translation.
=> Source Language appears as English (United States) under the option.
- Save the change and then perform step 3 again.
=> Edit button becomes unavailable (grayed out).
=> When selecting the story in folder, the Edit icon is also unavailable with hint message that "Edit is only supported in the source language. The files's source language is English (United States)".
- This is by-design.
- After enabling translation, the story self can be only edited in the source language to ensure that only one copy of original text exist for the source language.
- All translated text for target language should be maintained by one user with Translator role in the Translation panel (see https://help.sap.com/viewer/00f68c2e08b941f081002fd3691d86a7/release/en-US/534060d9b8594a328ba2076072480fc3.html).
- Option 1: Disable translation in the affected story if you want to edit story in different language.
- Option 2: Always modify the story in source language and then translate text by one Translator to support Multilingual Content.
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- 2511489 - Troubleshooting performance issues in SAP Analytics Cloud
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or warning/error messages to the text search field to filter results.
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Data Connections
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC, sap analyst cloud, connected, failure, stopped, translation, translate, translation, translator, source, target, language, DAC, edit, modify, change , KBA , LOD-ANA-DES , Story Design & Visualizations , Problem