Data labels are not showing in the Explorer View chart in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC).
SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise)
Reproducing the Issue
- Logon to SAC tenant and open the story.
- Create a new chart (e.g. Heat Map) and add it to the story.
- Open Explorer view of this chart.
- Change chart type from Heat Map to Bar\Column.
- Change some dimensions to show the data in the Bar\Column chart.
- Show/Hide > Data Labels, confirm this is checked.
- However the data labels are not visible in the chart.
- The issue is related to the styling settings applied.
- For instance if you choose white labels for the Heat Map and then you select a different chart type, the label settings will remain in order to not lose the formattings.
- Of course in some situations, the applied formatting settings on a specific chart does not look the same on other chart types. The background color can be the same as the data label color, hence not visible for the user.
Changing the label color settings resolves the issue.
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- 2511489 - Troubleshooting performance issues in SAP Analytics Cloud
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or warning/error messages to the text search field to filter results.
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Data Connections
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC, sap analyst cloud, connected, failure, stopped , KBA , LOD-ANA-DES , Story Design & Visualizations , Problem