Employee Name or Object Name displays as "???" in the Data Replication Monitor
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central integration to SAP Business Suite
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central Payroll
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Data Replication Monitor
- Employee names will display like the following:
With the 2022 Release, a change in the internal logic has been introduced so as to read the general display name or full name from entity User instead of the Personal Information (entity PerPersonal)
If the permissions are not granted properly (e.g. if the Employee Export permission is missing), then only ??? will be displayed. This can also only happen for some employees which are outside the standard target population of the user.
Sample Case Scenario
A DRM Administrator has no access to the full target population/full employee base, i.e. the role they have been granted uses the target population restriction and does not include the Restrict Access to Data Replication Monitor to Specific Target Population permission
Ensure the below Permissions (RBP) are selected for the role of the user viewing the Information in Data Replication Monitor:
In the above scenario, create a second role which includes the full target population (all employees and all Onboardees if you use Onboarding 2.0 ) and grants permission to read the name, as follows:
- Under User Permissions, select the General User Permissions category
- Company Info Access > User Search
- Under Administrator Permissions, select the Manage Hires/Recruits category.
- Select the Include Inactive Employees in the Search permission.
- Add at least view permission for First Name and Last Name under Employee Data -> Employee Profile. In case you activated the General Display Name feature, add at least view permission for the general display name.
2907140 - New Data Replication Monitor - SAP SuccessFactors
3254070 INT 2H 2022: Rollout of General Display Name for the Data Replication Monitor
DRM 2.0, Data Replication Monitor, DRM Incorrect Name, SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central, SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central integration to SAP Business Suite, SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite, SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central Payroll, question mark, ???, ?, drm, ECT-186667 , KBA , LOD-SF-INT-DRM , Data Replication Monitor , LOD-SF-INT , Integrations , How To