- Crystal Reports crash.
- Crystal Reports starts, then crashes in few seconds.
- After launching Crystal Reports 2020, it closes in few seconds.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2020 - Support Pack 01
Reproducing the Issue
- Start Crystal Reports 2020
- Wait for few seconds, and Crystal Reports crash.
- Toolbar was set to use Large buttons in a previous version of Crystal Reports that was installed on the same computer.
- In Crystal Reports 2020, this option has been disabled, and causes the crash.
- The issue is resolved in the following product update and above:
- Crystal Reports 2020 - Support Pack 01 - Patch 2
- If you cannot apply the product update right away, then to resolve the issue, set the registry key "LargeButtons" to "No"
WARNING: The following resolution involves editing the registry. Using the Microsoft Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems. Use the Microsoft Registry Editor at your own risk. For further information, see the SAP Knowledge Base Article 1323322
- Open the Microsoft Registry Editor ( Regedit )
- In the Microsoft Registry Editor, navigate to the following path:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SAP BusinessObjects\Suite XI 4.0\Crystal Reports\MainFrame
- Change the key value for "LargeButtons" from "Yes" to "No"
CR, collapse, screen high resolution, crash, Big Icons, small icons , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem
SAP Crystal Reports 2020