When you run a data action, the following error occurs in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) and data cannot be published:
- The data change cannot be published due to limited access rights.
The user running the data action has:
- Write permission for the version member from data access control (DAC),
- Maintain rights (Edit) to the model.
- Maintain role for the planning model.
This user can still try to publish the valid changes manually.
- SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise)
Reproducing the Issue
Run a data action.
By design behavior.
- There is no option or workaround with data access control (security) to let users view data only from their selected group but allow them to write data to all members. The DAC feature is there to prevent reading and especially writing to certain dimension members.
- If users are not allowed to read data, they should also not be allowed to change this data (i.e., write). That's why the auto-publishing fails in the data action. The warning message you get when trying to publish via the story toolbar also indicates this and only allows the user to publish the changes on areas, where the user has write privileges (we call this partial publish).
- It is not correct that the data action is creating data on multiples areas outside of the areas the user has write privileges. A better solution would be to adapt the data action so that it only writes to the areas the user is allowed to change. You can use data action parameters to use the same data action for different user groups, but only run on a certain subset of dimension members based on the parameter value.
- 2851317 - Where can I find more information on SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) for Planning features and documentation?
- 2841717 - Data Access Control (DAC) is only applied to the default hierarchy in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC)
- 2929882 - Publish button is grayed out in SAP Analytics Cloud for Planning (SAC)
- Model and Version Security
- 2373779 - Changing read and write permissions for dimension members are not being applied on Story level in SAP Analytics Cloud
- 2815108 - Where can I find SAP Analytics Cloud resources and best practices for security?
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- 2511489 - Troubleshooting performance issues in SAP Analytics Cloud
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or warning/error messages to the text search field to filter results.
- SAP Analytics Cloud Connection Guide
- Getting Started with SAP Analytics Cloud Expert Community page
- SAP Analytics Cloud Get More Help and SAP Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning , sc4p , c4p , cforp , cloudforplanning , Cloud for Analytics , Cloud4Analytics , CloudforAnalytics , Cloud 4 Planning , BOC , SAPBusinessObjectsCloud , BusinessObjectsCloud , BOBJcloud , BOCloud. , SAC , SAP AC , Cloud-Analytics , CloudAnalytics , SAPCloudAnalytics, EPM, SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Planning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, C4P, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, HCP, C4A, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJ, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., BICloud, BO Cloud, connecting, conecting, conectando, conexão, modelo, configured security, entity dimension, data access control, read and write access, all entities, basic security settings, no teams configured, controls, The version could not be published because you are lacking write access for some dimension members, read, write data, access, private versions version, Dimension Member Read/Write Access Issue, Dimension Read/Write Access in a model. Planner (not modeler) in security secure my entity dimension as Read / Write for access, input task see data in some entities, not in some entities, input in the ones assigned to them as Write entities, SAC-Data Access Control Not working as Expected, SAC Model, Dimension Data Access Control few teams., team assigned Member ID view data, stopped, sap analyst cloud, https://hcs.cloud.sap, https://hanacloudservices.cloud.sap, https://cloudanalytics.accounts.ondemand.com, https://hanacloudservices-us.accounts.ondemand.com, https://www.sap.com, https://help.sap.com , KBA , LOD-ANA-PL , Planning , LOD-ANA-PL-DA , Data Actions , Problem