The following error occurs when trying to add an extension field via the Key User Tools in Adaptation Mode: Field creation not permitted in partner development mode
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
This issue can be reproduced in any work center and any view. We will use the Customer Invoicing work center as an example.
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work center and select the Invoice Documents view.
- Open any Invoice and navigate to the General tab.
- Enter the Key User settings and select Start Adaptation Mode in the menu bar.
- Click the (+) action to add adaptation.
- Select Extension Fields.
- The following error occurs:
Field creation not permitted in partner development mode
There could be two causes for this:
The user is assigned to the PDI work centers. Key User Fields can only be adapted by a user which is a key user and not with a development user.
The user has previously logged into the Cloud Application Studio.
In order to solve the issue you need to either use a business user that does not have the Work Center ID PDI_PARTNER_DEVELOPMENT assigned or you remove the Work Center ID PDI_PARTNER_DEVELOPMENT from the user as follows:
- Go to the work centre Application and User Management.
- Select the view Business Users.
- Search for Business User XXX (XXX represents the Business User ID).
- Go to Edit and select Access Rights.
- Go to the Work Centre and View Assignments tab.
- Select the Find button and search *PDI*.
- Select Work Center ID PDI_PARTNER_DEVELOPMENT and select the Locate button.
- Remove the Partner Development work centers that may be assigned to the Business User.
- Select the Save button.
KUT; Extension Field; PDI; Partner Development; PDI_PARTNER_DEVELOPMENT , KBA , AP-RC-UIF-FLX , Page Layout & Key User Configuration , Problem