You have added the fields TextTypeCode and ContentText to your excel template and now are receiving an error when there are blank rows for these columns when you try to upload the data via excel.
SAP Business Bydesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Download excel template.
- Add in two extra columns called TextTypeCode and ContentText.
- Bind these to SalesOrder->Item->ItemTextCollection->Text_1->TypeCode->Value and SalesOrder->Item->ItemTextCollection->Text_1->ContentText respectively.
- Enter in all mandatory fields leaving TextTypeCode and ContentText blank.
- Try to save.
- You will get 500 internal error
- The system is sending blank <ItemTextCollection> tags for every row under these columns.
- It is not mandatory to always have ItemTextCollection but if it is sent, it must contain and TextTypeCode and ContentText.
In order to send an excel payload without this information, You will need to adjust the slider in the template. To do so you can follow the below steps.
First, unhide all columns by right clicking on the right most column.
If that does not unhide all columns you can also click the arrow in the top left corner to select everything.
Go to the Home tab & click format button. Hover over the Hide & Unhide and select unhide columns.
You should now be able to see the slider under one of the columns for the new sales order.
This slider determines what rows are sent by the excel template. In order to prevent blank rows being sent, move this to the last entered row and column. For example:
This prevents empty <ItemTextCollection> tags being sent and will allow the Sales Order to save successfully. Whenever you are saving, make sure that this is in the correct position so blank TextTypeCode and ContentText columns don’t end up being sent, causing the error.
Excel Upload, Sales Order Excel Upload, text type code, text collection , KBA , AP-SLO-SO , Sales Order , Problem