You operate SAP SuccessFactors and want to know about SAP Best Practice Cloud Operations. You want to establish efficient and effective system landscape Health Monitoring of this cloud solution.
SAP SuccessFactors (SaaS)
Reproducing the Issue
You need to design, adjust, or otherwise establish systen landscape Health Monitoring of your SAP SuccessFactors environment.
SAP Best Practice Cloud Operations are not yet followed.
System Monitoring allows Service Providers to monitor managed systems, databases, and hosts. Customers, i.e. Service Consumers of Software as a Service applications, can to a limited degree monitor the system landscape's health as much as published by the Service Provider.
Ensure the healthiness of systems providing the cloud services for customers.
Health Monitoring enables Customers and Service Providers to monitor thousands of managed systems, databases, and hosts with one central infrastructure in a scalable, performant, secure, and efficient matter. It delivers also the data for SAP Service Delivery (such as SAP Early Watch Alert etc.) to ensure the fulfillment of SAP's maintenance and support obligations. SAP provides out-of-the-box monitoring content for SAP SaaS, PaaS, as well as for all SAP on premise softeware products.
For customers with hybrid systen and solution landscape, classic System Monitoring (Host, OS, Database, Application Server) is only relevant for the parts which are running on-premise or in managed cloud environments (private cloud). As long as most of the landscape components run on-premise, this use case has a very high priority. It addresses IT users exclusively.
For customers with cloud-centric or cloud-only system and solution landscape, classic System Monitoring is (mostly) handled by the Service Provider, but specific information about system health is shared and published.
SAP SuccessFactors Health Monitoring
To some extent, SAP SuccessFactors' administration tools provide native capabilities for health monitoring in the Next Generation (NextGen) Admin Center. The Performance Metrics Portal is a tool that provides visibility into the usage and performance data of SuccessFactors applications (including the Performance Management, Goal Management, Learning, etc.) to SuccessFactors customers. Customers can query performance and usage data directly from the user interface and then view and drill down into the results - both in graphical and in table format. The Performance Metrics Portal (renamed as Usage Analytics) can be accessed through the NextGen Admin Tools homepage. SuccessFactors instance monitoring can be performed using the following analytic reports:
- System Usage
- Login Count
- Daily Active Users
- Search Terms
- System Performance
- Page Performance
Refer to these Knowlege base Articles for further details:
- How to enable Usage Analytics / Performance Metrics Portal
- Using the Performance Metrics Portal / Usage Analytics
Additionally, for some SuccessFactors customers, an on-premise SAP Enterprise Resource Planning (SAP ERP, SAP S/4HANA, ...) system is integrated in the Human Experience Management system landscape. This will also be relevant for customers using cloud payroll (ECP) or managed payroll. System, database, and operating system monitoring (also known as Application Operations) is a regular routine activity which is essential for the management of SAP on-premise system landscapes and an activity which is performed by the Operations Control Center (OCC) as part of the Customer Center of Expertise (CCOE). Proactive system monitoring can be done using the standard SAP tools, esp. SAP Solution Manager or alike. Refer to SAP Help Portal for further details on System Monitoring.
Knowledge base Articles:
- 3011146 - SAP SuccessFactors Operations Best Practice: Organizational Model
- 3011117 - SAP SuccessFactors Operations Best Practice: Business Process Monitoring
- 3011164 - SAP SuccessFactors Operations Best Practice: Application Monitoring and Metering
- 3011108 - SAP SuccessFactors Operations Best Practice: Integration Monitoring
- 3011095 - SAP SuccessFactors Operations Best Practice: Synthetic User Monitoring
- 3011155 - SAP SuccessFactors Operations Best Practice: Event & Alert Management and Incident Management
- 3011096 - SAP SuccessFactors Operations Best Practice: Business Process Analytics and Improvement
- 3011156 - SAP SuccessFactors Operations Best Practice: Technical Analytics and Improvement
- 3011147 - SAP SuccessFactors Operations Best Practice: Job Management
- 3011128 - SAP SuccessFactors Operations Best Practice: Mass Processing Runtime Management
- 3011148 - SAP SuccessFactors Operations Best Practice: Workflow Management
- 3011149 - SAP SuccessFactors Operations Best Practice: Data Management
- 3011110 - SAP SuccessFactors Operations Best Practice: Integration with 3rd Party Tools and Systems
OCC; Operations Control Center; CCOE; Customer Center of Expertise; E2EHO; SFSF; SuccessFactors; Cloud Operations; Cloud Monitoring; Health Monitoring; System Monitoring; Application Operations , KBA , XX-SER-MCC , Mission Control Center - Knowledge Management , How To