- The system throws an error with a blank message when trying to enroll for benefit.
- Import of Benefit also fails with the error:
"1. com.successfactors.genericobject.api.exception.ValidationException:  Messages: "
Employee Central, Benefits
Reproducing the Issue
- The enrollment is effective from 01/01/2020 and enrollment validity is until 31/12/2020
- System will create one active record from 01/01/2020 to 31/12/2020 and an inactive record will be created from 01/01/2021 to 31/12/9999
- When the inactive record creation happens, the system expects that there should be a pay period configured with the pay period start date same as the inactive record start date ie., 01/01/2021 in this case
- If it does not find this pay period, then the system throws an application error
When the system tries to create an inactive time slice for the enrollment, there is an exception for pay period missing as there is no pay period maintained in the pay calendar with the start date same as the inactive time slice.
This will be fixed with the b2105 release.
Workaround - there should be a pay period entry in the pay calendar with the pay period start date same as the inactive time slice date.
BEN-6577, key=BENEFITS_PAYPERIOD_IS_REQUIRED, COMMON_error , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-GBF , Global Benefits , Problem