When creating a new ticket, you notice the Ticket Type translation configured in Business Configuration is not working properly for some types, while it displays other types correctly.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
To validate the translation configuration:
- Navigate to Business Configuration work center.
- Navigate to Overview work center view.
- Search for Tickets for Customer Support or Tickets for Employee Support.
- Open the activity.
- Click Maintain Document Types.
- See the document types maintained.
- Click Translate.
- See the translations maintained.
To see the Ticket Type during ticket creation:
- Navigate to Service work center.
- Navigate to Tickets work center view.
- Click + to create a new ticket.
- Expand the values for Ticket Type.
- See that some values are displayed in one language e.g. French, and others are displayed in another language e.g. English, although the logon language is French, for example.
This may happen when the translation for a specific ticket type is maintained, at the same time, in Business Configuration as well as Language Adaptation, under Administrator work center.
As Language Adaptation has higher precedence than Business Configuration translation, if another translation is maintained there, it will be considered to be displayed as well during the ticket creation.
It is required to maintain the ticket type translation either via Business Configuration or via Language Adaptation in order to keep the translation consistent, avoiding have the translation for ticket type maintained in both places at the same time.
Language, Ticket Type, Ticket, Service, C4C, BC, Translate, Translation, Tickets for Customer Support, Tickets for Employee Support, Document Types, Maintain Document Types, Business Configuration, Language Adaptation, , KBA , LOD-CRM-SRP , Service Request Processing , How To