- When an image is placed in a report via Crystal Designer and resized to fit the page
- Image looks correct in preview,
- When the report is exported to PDF by a Crystal Reports for Visual Studio application it looks oversized.
Crystal Reports for Visual Studio V29
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a document in Crystal Reports
- Use a .png graphic whose original size is larger than the Crystal Reports page. Resize it in CR to fit within the page.
- Save the report.
- In Crystal Reports for Visual Studio application, publish the report and export it to PDF format.
- The graphic appears normal in the published report, but oversized in the exported version.
Updates to dependent libraries in V29 of Crystal Reports for Visual Studio
- Resize graphic using a photo editor such as Paint so it fits within page size, and convert it to a BMP image format.
- Open the report in Crystal Reports Designer. Go to File -> Page Setup.
- Uncheck the "no printer" box and select a printer.
- Check the "Dissociate formatting page size and printing paper size" box.
- Graphic should now appear normally after exporting.
crystal reports, graphic, image, png, bmp, V29, oversized image, export to pdf, Crystal Reports for Visual Studio , KBA , BI-DEV-NET , BI Software Development Kits (SDKs) - .NET or Other , Problem