System throws the following error messages when proposing quantities during Post Goods Issue.
-----> Proposed quantity not possible. The open quantity differs from the sum of serial number assignments.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Outbound Logistics Work Center.
- Navigate to Delivery Proposals View.
- Search for Delivery Request ID PQR (PQR represents the ID of the Delivery Request).
- Select Post Goods Issue.
- Select line item and Propose Quantities.
Error messages appears
Error messages occurs because there is no active Barcode selected in Business Configuration.
For using Serial Numbers, it is necessary to enable Bar Code (i.e. Automatic Identification) functionality in the Business Configuration and to maintain the correct Application Identifier relevant for your Bar Code scanning.
- Navigate to Business Configuration work centre.
- Go to Implementation Project view.
- Select the relevant Implementation Project and click on the Open Activity List button.
- In the Activity list, Show All Activities and search for ‘Bar Code Type UCC/EAN 128’ (ensure it is scoped).
- Select the Activity ‘Bar Code Type UCC/EAN 128’ and click on the Open button.
- In the ‘Bar Code Type UCC/EAN 128’ screen, we recommend that you use the provided standard EAN128 Bar Code type which contains all relevant Application Identifiers including 21 for Serial Numbers.
- Once you set the EAN128 Bar Code type active, you should be able to Post Goods Issue with Serial Number without the error.
- After saving your changes, you may need to log out of the system for these to take effect.
1916905 - Error Message: Decoding of Bar Code Failed, While Doing Post Goods Issue
2440113 - Error message 'The open quantity differs from the sum of serial number assignments' appears during Post Goods
Post Goods Issue, Business Configuration, Bar Code Type UCC/EAN 128, Serial Number,Automatic Identification, Application Identifier, quantity differs, , KBA , post goods issue , business configuration , bar code type ucc/ean 128 , serial number , automatic identification , application identifier , quantity differs , AP-SLP-LOT , Site Logistics Lot , How To