Out of range check-in is showing as "No" at the header of the visit even if the visit didn't happen at the customer location.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Visits work center
- Open the visit ABC (ABC stands for the Visit ID)
- Observe: The Out of Range Check-In indicator is "NO"
Geo codes are missing at account master data level. The distance that should be considered as out of range is not maintained.
Maintain the Latitude and Longitude fields accordingly. There are 2 fields named as Latitude and Longitude, for which you can use Adaption mode to add them to the Addresses facet of the account.
Adjust the configuration which says what distance should be considered as out of range:
- Go to the Business Configuration work center
- Go to the Overview view
- Search for the fine tuning activity Maintain Visit Check In Range
- Select the relevant country/region
- Enter a value of "100m" or above
- Click either Add Row, or Save
Visit Check In Range, Latitude and Longitude, Out of Range Check-In, Indicator, customer location , KBA , LOD-CRM-ACT-VST , Visit Planning , Problem