Customizing workflows can be a cumbersome task. Since the LMS has many different facets that are allowed to be compromised making a guide to know what function needs what workflow is a bit more complex than a simple help guide can incorporate. There are a few things to take note of and keep in mind as a role is being customized.
Note: Support can give a little guidance on where to check but customizing a role to perform certain tasks only are outside the scope of support. Support may be able to give you a few things to try but ultimately trial and error may be the only course, or engaging professional services/partners to perform this task is the solution forward.
SAP SuccessFactors Learning Management
Due to the complexity of workflows it is best when designing workflows to keep a few bits of understanding in mind.
Workflows are designed to help limit something being access or changed in the Database from a GUI standpoint. With that in mind there are 5 basic tasks to understand.
- View: Any workflow that pertains to allowing a user/admin to view will help the user access that item. If the user/admin is unable to view they will most likely be unable to access the task needed in the role. Think of viewing as the gateway to the other three.
- Search: This allows the user to search the database so they may see what they filter what they can "view" if a task has some type of function that will need a filter/search they may need to add this task to the workflow/permission
- Add: Prevents you from adding an entity to the database, if the task you want the user/admin to do is create something, they may be missing a add role.
- Delete: Also another function, if you are wanting to remove a entity entirely, they may need this role.
- Edit: This role allows you to perform any task that changes the entity in some way that is not adding a new entity or removing an entity. If the admin/user is missing a task that may need some type of edit permission make sure to try adding/removing these types of permissions.
Wrokflow, permission, Role, security , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-ADM , System Admin, Global Variables, References , Problem