The following Error Occurs in a Sales Document: Retrieving customer group from configuration not possible
Reproducing the Issue
This error can occur in any Sales Document. We will use a Contract as an example:
- Go to the Sales Orders work center.
- Select the Contracts view.
- Open Contract XYZ (XYZ represents the ID of the Contract).
- Following error occurs: Retrieving customer group from configuration not possible
The issue occurs because the Customer Group determined in this Contract has been deleted in the Fine Tuning Activity Accounts in you Business Configuration after the Contract was created.
You can check this as follows:
- Go to the Account Management work center.
- Select the Accounts view.
- Open Account ABC (ABC represents the Account used in the Contract).
- Navigate to the Sales Data tab.
- Select the Sales Organization used in the Contract.
- You can see that the Customer Group is AA (AA represents the Customer Group).
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Select the Implementations Projects view.
- Click the Open Activity List.
- Search for the Accounts activity.
- Open the hyperlink Maintain Customer Groups
- You can see that the standard delivered Customer Group AA incomplete does not exist
To solve the issue you need to do the following:
Update the Customer Group in the Account with a valid Customer Group.
If the Sales Document is still in status In Preparation you can delete the document or do a dummy change on the Account and remove the Account and then add the Account again.
If the Sales Document was already released you need to cancel the document and create a new document.
Sales Order; Contract; Customer Group; Sales Quote; Quote , KBA , AP-CCP-CC , Customer Contract , Problem