The following behavior occurs in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC):
When exporting table to the CSV file, formatting is not applied / applied incorrectly
SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise) 2021
Reproducing the Issue
- Login to SAC.
- Open the table which contains data in the monetary amount.
- On a PC, in the Control Panel, go to Clock and Region -> Region -> Additional Settings and verify the separator formats.
- Open Profile preferences, to select number formatting (1 234,56) and currency position (1234 Million $).
- Select the table.
- Select Export - File Type 'CSV; Scope 'All', Tick "Include number formatting'.
- Click OK.
- Observe that the data is exported in the format "35,496,674.22€" while expected format is "35 496 674,22 €".
- Select the table.
- Select Export - File Type 'CSV; Scope 'Point of view', Tick "Include number formatting'.
- Observe that the data is exported in the expected format "35 496 674,22 €".
The Export to CSV All scoped feature directly takes the data from the database and drops it into the exported document; there is no additional formatting applied. What is seen in the document is the data formatted as it comes from the database, not as it does in the story.
In the Point of View option, it takes the formatted data directly from the table and so can provide this extra formatting.
Enhancement requert https://influence.sap.com/sap/ino/#/idea/255896 created.
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- 2511489 - Troubleshooting performance issues in SAP Analytics Cloud
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or warning/error messages to the text search field to filter results.
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Data Connections
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics,, SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC, sap analyst cloud, export, CVS, CSV, decimal, comma, point of view, all, format, formatting, incorrect, , KBA , LOD-ANA-DES , Story Design & Visualizations , Problem