A supplier invoice got created from a customer invoice during inter-company scenario, however the supplier invoice did not go for approval even though approval rules as Direct Approvers have been set up correctly.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Customer Invoicing work center
- Select Invoice Request to be invoiced
- Select invoice
- This will create customer invoice and follow-up inter-company Supplier Invoice will also get created automatically
- Now go to Supplier Invoicing work center
- Select view invoices and credit memos
- Filter with the customer invoice id
- You will find supplier invoice with status Posted
- Navigate to Approvals tab -> No approval found
- Go to Application and User management work center-> Business Task Management view->There are no tasks created.
The person who has created the invoice is also maintained as the approver of the supplier invoice. Hence the approval was not triggered as the system does not expect the same person to approve the document.
If the creator/employee responsible/recipient is also the approver, then the invoice will not go to approval and get posted automatically. You can set a different person as the approver or You can check with partner if this can be achieved through PDI solution.
supplier invoice approval, inter-company supplier invoice approval, direct approver , KBA , inter-company supplier invoice approval , AP-SIP-SIV , Supplier Invoice , Problem