You are using the new feature 'Default Value Using Rules' however it is not working as expected in some cases.
From What's New: Key User(s) can now create ‘Value’ type Business Rules which returns a value. These ‘Value’ type Business Rules can be assigned to applicable fields in quick create screen.
SAP Cloud for customer.
As this is a new feature there are some current limitations in place.
New features are under consideration and could be implemented in future releases.
Below are the current behavior and limitations:
- Default Value Rule will override any other logic in place Ex: will override CLR, Extension Scenario, SDK Script Determination, Application logic etc.
- Applies only in Quick Create (QC) screen – Not applicable for backend/API calls.
- Cannot be applied to Object Value Selector Fields (Ex: Account Object Field) and Multi Value Fields.
- Cannot be applied to Public Solution Model (PSM) fields.
- Key users should not use this feature on 'SAP standard defined read-only fields' as default rule can override read-only fields value.
- Simple defaulting shall work only if Quick Create is opened from the Object Work List (OWL) screens and may not work when launched from Thing Inspector (TI) screens. (creating documents/objects from inside other objects, for example).
- Return value should be enclosed in single quotes in the rule.
- Key users should end the adaptation during creation/modification/removal of default rules, a toast message ‘to end adaptation’ will be raised.
Default Value, Limitations Default Value, Default Value Using Rules. , KBA , AP-RC-UIF-FLX , Page Layout & Key User Configuration , How To