The error "Business partner role is not supported" is raised when trying to create/copy a project in SAP S/4HANA Cloud
SAP S/4HANA Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
Example when copying a project
- Open the Project Control App
- Select a project
- Click the Copy button
- Enter the project ID and planning start date
- Click the Create button
- The error "Business partner role not supported error" is raised
- For creating/copying a project only the "BUP003 Employee" role is supported.
- User does not have authorization for Business Partner Display - Business Catalog ID SAP_CMD_BC_BP_DISP_PC
For Cause 1 above:
Option 1: Have a user which has the "BUP003 Employee" role create/copy the project
Option 2: If the user should be allowed to create/copy projects then assign the "BUP003 Employee" role to the affected user see KBA 2646803 – How to maintain employees data in an S/4HANA Cloud.
For Cause 2 above - add Business Catalog ID SAP_CMD_BC_BP_DISP_PC to the affected user.
2646803, Business partner role not supported error, Create Project, Copy Project, Project Control App, /S4PPM/CRUD102, /S4PPM/CRUD 102, /S4PPM/CRUD, 102 , KBA , PPM-PRO , Project Management , PPM-FIO , Fiori UI for Portfolio and Project Management , PS-FIO-STR , Fiori UI for Project Systems-Structures , Problem