You have set up a document numbering rule for documents of type customer invoice for the country India.
You do not require any rule for down payment documents type and want the standard numbering to apply.
But when trying to invoice a down payment request, the following error occurs: Save not possible; document numbering rule missing for India.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work center.
- Go to the Invoice Requests view.
- Select the down payment request ABC (ABC represents the ID of the down payment request).
- Click Invoice and then click Save.
- The following error message occurs: Save not possible; document numbering rule missing for India.
Once there is a numbering rule maintained in the fine tuning activity Document Numbering Formats for Customer Invoicing for your specific country, you have to maintain a rule for each of the individual document types (Credit memo, Down Payment Request, Invoice, etc).
Only when there is no rules maintained all document types are numbered with the standard numbering starting from 1.
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Go to the Overview view.
- Search for the fine tuning activity Document Numbering Formats for Customer Invoicing.
- Select the activity and choose Change Immediately button.
- Open the Document Numbering Formats for India.
- Here you need to maintain a rule for Document Type: Down Payment.
Please see also the following related KBA's for this error message:
2698432 - Cannot Save an Invoice Document Because of Error "Save not possible; document numbering rule missing for ABC"
2241714 - Error Occurs When you try to Save a Customer Invoice: "Saving not possible; Changes have effect on document number"
1845478 - You are not Able to Release a Customer Invoice, an Error Message Occurs:"Save not possible,document numbering rule missing for"
3145266 - Missing Expected Customer Invoice Rule
facture, règle de facturation, acompte, numérotation , KBA , AP-CI-CI-GLO , Cross-Country Extensions , SRD-CRM-INV , Customer Invoicing , Problem