You have bound a Custom Action as a button on a UI Screen responsible for changing data. The value changes in the UI when triggering the action but on Save, nothing happens or you receive the below warning:
"No changes detected, save not executed"
- SAP Cloud for Customer
- SAP Business ByDesign
- SAP Cloud Application Studio
Reproducing the Issue
- You have created a Custom Solution.
- You have created a Custom Action on a Business Object or Extension Business Object.
- You have bound this Custom Action to a Button in the UI Designer.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Log into the UI.
- Open the relevant UI Screen.
- Click the Button bound to the Custom Action.
- Click Save.
You have not selected Relevant for Work Protect in the created Event Handler. The Event Handler can be viewed in the Controller tab in the UI Designer.
- For a Custom Screen, you can select Relevant for Work Protect in the Event Handler directly.
- For a Standard Screen, you need to rebind the Custom Action via the Extensibility Explorer making sure Relevant for Work Protect is selected.
Refer to KBA: 2798211 - Custom screen not saving data during save action
PDI, SDK, UI Designer, Relevant for Work Protect, Extensibility Explorer, Controller, Event Handler , KBA , AP-RC-UIF-DT , UI Framework Designtime , Problem