After creating a quote from a contract, the product which was taken over does not contain any data in the "Contract" and "Contract item" columns.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Contract work centre view
- Open the relevant contract
- You can see, a product 123 is maintained in the contract (123 represents the product ID)
- Create a quote from the contract
- In the newly created quote, go to the Products facet
- You see product 123 is maintained
- However, in the quote on products tab, 123 does not contain any data in the "Contract" and "Contract item" columns
The facet Sales Quotes In the contract UI has 2 tables that both show quotes related to the contract but with different semantic (see also the explanation texts on the UI for these tables).
One table with label Sales Quotes (selling contract) lists quotes that are follow-ups to the contract.
This relationship is created via the New button. Like with other follow-ups, e. g. a follow-up quote to an opportunity,
this relationship is shown in the Document Flow but it’s not shown on item level.
Hence, in the quote the fields "Contract" and "Contract item" are empty.
The other table with label Sales Quotes lists call-off quotes on item level.
This kind of relation cannot be created directly from the contract but only via contract determination or manual assignment of a contract item to a quote item.
This relationship is not shown in the Document Flow but on quote item in the fields "Contract" and "Contract item".
Hence, whether or not the fields "Contract" and "Contract item" are filled depends on how the relationship is created.
As both relationships have different semantic and functionality, they must not be mixed up.
This is the expected behaviour.
Contract, link, missing, , KBA , LOD-LE-CQP , Customer Quote Processing , LOD-LE-COP-SLS , Sales Contract , How To