- When attempting to send email notification to a buddy to informed the of a buddy assignment the Notify button doesn't work
- New email message does not generate in local mail client when clicking in Notify Buddy button
SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to Onboarding
- Proxy as the hiring manager for the candidate
- Click on the New Hire Activities tab
- Locate the candidate
- Under Assign a Buddy, click on the Notify <name of buddy> button
- A new email message should generate using the local mail client
Since this feature uses the local mail client on the system to create a new email message to be mailed to the buddy, the local browser would need to properly handle the redirect to create the new email message on the local client.
In current versions of browsers such as Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge this is not properly handled or longer supported. In addition some mail clients other than Microsoft Outlook may not work properly with this. However, at time of this KBA the Firefox browser seems to continue to support this. As a workaround, Firefox browser can be used if available.
SF, success factors, ONB, OBD, on boarding, assign a buddy , KBA , LOD-SF-OBD-EML , Emails and Notifications , Problem