- Special characters or characters from another language like Japanese (Hiragana and Katakana) and Chinese, etc. are not printed when exporting a Canvas report to PDF format
- The result is OK for Excel, Word and Powerpoint format
- Also affects the Arabic Language as the characters are not legible.
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
- Change the BizX language to the affected language, e.g. Japanese, or run a Report Canvas that contains characters from another language
- After the result is displayed online, click the PDF icon to export
- Wait for the export to finish then download result from the window
- Result: Some characters are not visible in the PDF output. These were not printed at all.
Some fonts do not fully support Japanese characters for PDF. This is a limitation in the tools used for PDF generation
Change the font style of the Canvas List table component to a font that support Japanese characters, e.g. Verdana
1. Go to Canvas report and Edit it
2. Select the list table component > select Edit Component or Edit Formatting
3. Highlight the entire list table by clicking at the table icon at the corner of the grid, please see attached screenshot 'Steps to change Font to Verdana 2021-03-11_2-36-08.png'.
4. From the Font style picker, select Verdana
5. Click Ok to save the report
6. Run the report and export to PDF
special characters, PDF export, PDF format, japanese not printed, hiragana, katakana, Canvas export, Canvas PDF , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA-EXP , Report Exports (Ad Hoc, YouCalc, ORD) , Problem