A concurrent employment has been added to an employee with one employment in the system and the primary assignment yellow flag does not show up in the primary employment assignment.
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central
Reproducing the Issue
- Within an employee's profile, click on "actions";
- Then, select the option to add a new employment to the employee;
- Fill out the required information and submit the additional employment.
- Once the additional employment record is created, it is not possible to see the primary assignment yellow flag next to one of the employee's employment.
- The "Secondary Assignments" MDF object for the user has the field "Effective Start Date" to a date into the future.
- The system will only display the primary assignment yellow flag once the created secondary assignment effective date is reached.
The Secondary Assignments Effective Date will be the same date as the Hire Date defined when creating the additional Employment for the employee.
It is possible to manually change the Secondary Assignments Effective Date, if it's desired to have the Primary Flag before the user's hire date, by following the steps below:
- Access "Manage Data"
- Search for the object "Secondary Assignments";
- Set the "Include Inactives" field to Yes;
- Define the "Search As Of" field to on or after the defined hire date for the employment;
- Search for the employee by his/her employee ID (Person ID) on the second field next to the object search field.
- Now, on the Effective Start Date field for this Secondary Assignments object, change it to the desired date.
Please, note: this change will not influence the defined hire date for the user, nor when his/her EC records will become effective.
Primary flag does not show, main assignment flag not showing, concurrent employment , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-CON , Concurrent Employment , How To